Bham, We’re here to empower sistas
Australian brand Bham launched in 2019 to create socially and environmentally responsible products that empower our sistas; our sistas who use the products, our sistas who make the products, and our sistas who benefit from the proceeds.
I’m Kylie, Bham’s founder.
This brand combines so many things that I am passionate about; the environment, ethical fashion, women’s rights, wellbeing, and supporting survivors of violence.
I want Bham to create products that empower women. I want you to feel good from Bham’s products so I’ve thought about all of the things that make me feel good; caring for our mama nature, surprises in the post (yes, brown paper packages I hear you sing), lush fabrics, comfy style, affirmations, and…. helping out a sista!
It’s amazing how damn good it feels to do good.
We're an eco-brand
Bham is an eco-brand. Social and environmental responsibility is front and centre in all that we do. We believe that business has an important role to play in tackling climate change and providing conscious consumers with products that are kind to the planet and people.
We’ve chosen suppliers based on their social and environmental credentials. As a new brand, we haven’t certified our end product, but we’ve chosen suppliers that will support our ability to do this in future:
- Powerpants are made from GOTS certified organic cotton by Wuxi Taida Textiles Technology Co., Ltd. (Jiangsu, China). Certificate No: CU1000999GOTS-2018-00002105. (95% cotton, 5% elastane, exclusive of trims)
- Our manufacturer is Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) certified, Jiangyin Fuda Garment Co., Ltd. (Jiangyin, China), trading as Finetex Co., Ltd. (Hangzhou, China)
- Water-based OEKO-TEX certified ink is used to print the secret affirmations on our Powerpants
- Garments are shipped to us in Australia to be lovingly wrapped in our packaging (not individually wrapped in plastic for transit)
- We use recycled and recyclable paper packaging from Ecocern Pty Ltd (Sydney, Australia) and PrintTogether (Melbourne, Australia)
- Our powerful packages are delivered using the most eco-friendly option, Australia Post’s regular postal service
Transparency is important. If you have any questions about our supply chain, please contact us.