Bham, step into your power
Australian eco-brand Bham launched in 2019. Our mission is to help women to find their power.
It’s hard to feel powerful in a world of consumerism and social media that is damaging to our minds, our communities and our environment. Too many women are being treated poorly, abused, paid unfairly and made to feel unworthy.
We know that with self-love and self-acceptance, a woman has the power to change her life. We know that by choosing products that put the planet and people ahead of profits, women can change the world.
I’m Kylie, Bham’s founder.
A decade ago, I found myself with a broken face, heart and confidence after a long-term relationship ended violently.
Rebuilding my life was tough. I felt like a failure. I felt stupid. I felt shame. The emotional scars were deep and it has taken years to rebuild my confidence. Learning to speak kindly to myself was a game-changer.
Now, I’m a proud girl boss, wifey, mama-to-three, eco-warrior and (still) a rebel-at-heart. I have found my power and I’m passionate about helping other women to find theirs.
How? For women that make Powerpants, power means good working conditions and fair pay. For women who benefit from the funds that we raise (survivors of violence), power means having the resources to safely rebuild their life. For women who wear Powerpants, power means embracing who you are.
You are beautiful. You are brave. You are loved. You are powerful.
We're an eco-brand
Bham is an eco-brand. Social and environmental responsibility is front and centre in all that we do. We believe that business has an important role to play in tackling climate change and providing conscious consumers with products that are kind to the planet and people.
We’ve chosen suppliers based on their social and environmental credentials. As a new brand, we haven’t certified our end product, but we’ve chosen suppliers that will support our ability to do this in future:
- Powerpants are made from GOTS certified organic cotton by Wuxi Taida Textiles Technology Co., Ltd. (Jiangsu, China). Certificate No: CU1000999GOTS-2018-00002105. (95% cotton, 5% elastane, exclusive of trims).
- Our manufacturer is Jiangyin Fuda Garment Co., Ltd. (Jiangyin, China), trading as Finetex Co., Ltd. (Hangzhou, China). They are Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) certified which means they pay their staff fairly and provide good working conditions. Audit reports assure us that the talented staff are paid above minimum wage.
- Eco-friendly, water-based OEKO-TEX certified ink is used to print the secret affirmations on our Powerpants.
- Garments are shipped to us in Australia to be lovingly wrapped in our packaging (not individually wrapped in plastic for transit).
- We use recycled and recyclable paper packaging from Ecocern Pty Ltd (Sydney, Australia) and PrintTogether (Melbourne, Australia).
- Our powerful packages are delivered using the most eco-friendly option, Australia Post’s regular postal service.
Transparency is important. If you have any questions about our supply chain, please contact us.
Wang sewing the first ever batch of Powerpants
Yang sewing the soon to be released grey Powerpants